Don't be lazy for the sake of your health!
Why Are Our Nerves So Important?
Nerve cells (aka neurons) are cells that specialise in sending out information throughout the body. This information is received from the brain and it is vital in helping us to move our muscles or having sensations of touch, sight, smell, hearing and taste.
Our neurons work harmoniously with the brain and spinal cord to form the basis of our nervous system. Believe it or not, our nervous system plays a huge role in our daily life. It exerts control over both voluntary actions (walking and talking) and involuntary functions (breathing, digestion and heartbeat). Furthermore, it also protects us from danger by ensuring we respond swiftly towards stimuli such as pulling our hand away from a hot kettle.
Therefore, it is undoubtedly that humans require a healthy and functional neuronal network to achieve the highest quality of life. Remember, a healthier you is a happier version of yourself.
Common Symptoms of Nerve Disorders
- Feeling of sudden tingling, numbness, pain or burning sensation at lower limb or extremities.
- Unexplained weakness, loss of muscle strength or paralysis
- Persistent or sudden onset of a headache
- Problems with coordination
- Problems with vision (loss of sight or double vision)
- Back pain that radiates to other body parts
- Language impairment (speaking or comprehending)
- Memory impairment
- Seizures, tremors or uncontrolled twitching
We can protect our nerves with B vitamins, especially vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Besides, vitamin E,Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid are also highly effective in safeguarding our nerves.
It can be challenging to fully absorb all the vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for our nerves and nervous system solely from our daily diet. Furthermore, our dietary habits can be very difficult to change. Hence, it is essential to incorporate high-quality supplements into our routine to support the health of our nervous system, providing us with convenience and ease in staying healthy.