Vitamin C Live Plus embodies a 4-in-1 formulation to optimise your overall health. First of all, the water-soluble Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is vital to our health. It helps protect cells and keep them healthy, while maintaining healthy skin, blood vessels, bones and cartilage, as well as helping with wound healing and the overall health. Before we touch on the product’s key ingredients and the associated benefits, let’s go through a ‘health concern’ checklist on vitamin C deficiency.
What are the common signs and symptoms of vitamin C deficiency?
Low levels of vitamin C can result in a condition called scurvy, which may cause:
• Poor immunity
• Fatigue and poor mood
• Chronic inflammation
• Rough, bumpy skin
• Dry, damaged skin
• Bent or coiled hair
• Bright red hair follicles
• Easy bruising
• Slow wound healing
• Painful, swollen joints
• Weak bones
• Bleeding gums
• Tooth loss
• Iron deficiency anemia
Why is Vitamin C Live Plus important?
Vitamin C Live Plus, which is vegetarian and vegan friendly, non-dairy and without added sugar, is specifically formulated to improve your vitality for improved overall health, having fortified by the following key ingredients with their associated benefits.
Key Ingredients and Benefits:
• Ascorbate calcium is a form of vitamin C.
• To prevent or treat low levels of vitamin C in people who do not get enough vitamin C from their diets.
• The substance also contains calcium for healthy teeth and bones.
• Zinc Methionine is known for its bioavailability, antioxidant and immune-enhancing properties.
• It supports your immune system against viruses and bacteria.
• It helps protect cells from oxidative stress.
• Selenomethionine is an amino acid that contains selenium.
• It exists in two forms known as enantiomers i.e. L-selenomethionine and D-selenomethionine.
• L-selenomethionine, being a bioavailable form of selenium, is easier to be absorbed by the body.
• Vitamin D comes in two main forms - D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol).
• Vitamin D3 is more efficient than D2 at increasing levels of vitamin D in the bloodstream.
• The fat-soluble vitamin D helps you absorb and regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body.
• Calcium and phosphate are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy.
1. Calcium Ascorbate, Drugs.com.
2. Bioavailability, antioxidant and immune-enhancing properties of zinc methionine, US National Library of Medicine.
3. Selenium: Fact Sheet for Health Professionals, US National Institutes of Health.
4. The Nutrition Source: Vitamin D, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health - Harvard University.